Learn to read a map and use a compass
National Navigation Award Scheme
Groups, clubs and advanced techniques
One to one, clubs and groups
Midweek, half day and full day options
Mountain leader qualified
GPS and smartphone navigation
Backpacking and campcraft
Backpacking and campcraft
Wild camping and hill walking
28-30TH JUNE - DARTMOOR
25-May Introduction to map reading - New Forest
26-May Day one navigation
27-May Day two navigation
28-May Introduction to map reading - New Forest
1-Jun Bronze NNAS Wareham Forest
22-Jun Day one navigation day - 2 places
23-Jun Day two navigation day - 2 places
28-Jun Backpacking and wild camp
6-Jul Day one Isle of Wight
20-Jul Silver NNAS Dorset - Full
27-Jul Silver NNAS Dorset
3-Aug Silver NNAS Isle of Wight
- Book onlineComplete the main website booking form here...
- Does the course have any places left?Latest course information, including the number of places remaining can be found on the course calendar page.
Each course page will show the number of places remaining or securemail to ask.
- Group booking formIf you want to book more that five people onto a course you can use the group booking form.
- Paper booking formIf you prefer to use a paper booking form you can download one as a word file to print off.
Send the form in the post or complete it on you PC and email it back to me.
- Read more
- How much does each course cost?Course prices can be found in the right hand side bar of each course page and will be displayed at the bottom of the main booking and payment form.
You are also welcome to securemail and ask.
- Paying for a coursePayment can be made when you book using PayPal, a free secure service that accepts payment by debit or credit card.
I can also take card payments over the phone using 'Intuit' a encrypted and secure service.
The booking form also has an option for you to pay later, I will contact you with further details.
- Do you give discounts?You can use your Brand New Forest card to receive a discount on most courses. Click on the Brand New Forest card image below.
Small groups and clubs can get a discount if they book a bespoke days training or join one of the arranged course dates.
Send me an email securemail if you would like to arrange a days bespoke training.
- Show More
Carolyn NNAS Silver
I set up New Forest Navigation because I have a passion for teaching outdoor skills and enjoy seeing those skills develop and people gain confidence and knowledge whilst outdoors. As well as mountain walking and camping I enjoy being on the water in my canoe and occasionally dabble in a bit of bushcraft and campfire cooking.
As a qualified Mountain Leader I have walked, trained and lead groups all over the UK but have found that even in the New Forest one can find adventure and a navigation challenge.
The New Forest offers a wide variety or terrain and makes an ideal starting point for learning navigation, backpacking and camping skills.
I look forward to welcoming you on a course soon and do get in touch if you would like something tailored to you, your group or club or want to explore further afield in the UK hills and mountains.
The term 'Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 25 Lavender Road, Lymington, SO41 0GF. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
In addition to actual course participants photo's his site makes use of licensed stock photography. Stock photography is for illustrative purposes only and all persons are models.
Most of my web pages use "cookies". Cookies are small text files that websites save to your computer. The cookies used by this website don't contain any of your personal information, and I can't use them to find out who you are.
A cookie often includes a randomly generated number which is stored on your device when you make site selections, use the shopping cart, complete online form or the imbedded Google Maps. Many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using the website.
I use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – these are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, like online application forms, cannot be provided;
Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works; and
Functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Specific cookies we use
Cookies may be set either by this website ("first party cookies"), or by a third party website ("third party cookies").
First Party Cookies
Google Analytics: _utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
You can read the google analytics policy below.
Disqus: _qca, disqus_unique, _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz. Disqus may also set some additional tracking cookies.
We use the Disqus system to handle blog comments and moderation. The following cookies may be placed by Disqus when you visit or participate in comments on the news page.
You can find more information about the Disqus terms and conditions here: http://docs.disqus.com/kb/terms-and-policies/.
Google Maps: PREF and NID
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Changes to our Cookie Statement
Any changes we may make to our Cookie Statement in the future will be posted on this page.
Further information about cookies http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and a guide to deleting or controlling cookies here http://www.aboutcookies.org/
This website and its content is copyright of Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation - © Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation 2011-13. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
You are informed that this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") to help analyse the use of this website. For this purpose, Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website - standard internet log information (including your IP address) and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form - will be transmitted to Google including on servers in the United States. Google will anonymize the information sent by removing the last octet of your IP address prior to its storage. According to Google Analytics terms of service, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation.
Nigel Parrish trading as New Forest Navigation will not and will not allow any third party to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to this site. Google may transfer the information collected by Google Analytics to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. According to Google Analytics terms of service, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.